Jennifer Aniston Facts
1) Jennifer Aniston is an American actor and filmmaker, and is famous worldwide for her role as Rachel Green in the television comedy, Friends.
She achieved an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award for her dynamic role in the television series.
2) Aniston also has had a successful career in the film industry.
Her earliest success was the movie She’s the One, released in 1996.
She has subsequently starred in movies throughout the 21st century, her most recent movie being Horrible Bosses.
In February 2012, she was given the honor of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
3) She was born in Los Angeles, California, on February 11, 1969.
Both parents were actors.
Her father is Greek and her mother is an American born, with mixed European and Greek background.
Aniston has lived in Greece for a year when she was a child, and they later moved to New York City.
4) Aniston was always interested in acting, and graduated from Manhattan’s Fiorela H.
LaGuardia High School of Music & Art.
She would work wherever she got the chance, which began with acting in Off Broadway productions.
She worked many part time jobs to support herself during this time, including waitress jobs and telemarketer.
5) Aniston was beginning to give up in the early 1990s when she was not finding success in any of the acting jobs that were handed to her.
She had tried her luck with some television shows, which never lasted too long.
Her first film appearance was a huge disaster as the movie was a low budget horror film.
In 1994, her life changed forever, when she auditioned for the sitcom, Friends.
6) Friends was a huge success all over the world.
During the period of the show, from 1994 to 2004, Aniston played the role of Rachel Green on the show.
She received US$ 1 million for each episode during the show’s last two seasons.
Aniston along with the other members of the Friends cast, were the highest paid actors of all time in the last two seasons of the show.
7) Aniston finds her inspiration from other actors and actresses.
In 2006, Aniston directed a short film, Room 10.
Aniston says she has been inspired by fellow actress Gwyneth Paltrow to begin directing.
Paltrow also directed a short film in the same year.
8) At the end of 2008, Aniston starred in the biggest Christmas Day box office hit ever, Marley & Me, making US$ 14.75 million in ticket sale alone.
In February 2009, the hit movie He’s Just Not That into You was another success at the box office.
Critics, who noted that she ‘stood out’ in the film, appreciated Aniston’s acting.
9) She has decided to start working on projects outside of the film industry.
She spent a year creating a perfume, which was finally released in the summer of 2010.
The perfume debuted at Harrods in London.
It was named simply, Jennifer Aniston, and she says that she would like to make a scent for men next.
10) Aniston is an active philanthropist, and supports many international organizations.
She is part of Friends of El Faro, which helps raise money for orphan children in Mexico.
She also supports many research hospitals in hopes to find a cure for childhood diseases, and hosted the Stand Up to Concert show in 2008.
11) She is also a strong environmentalist, and on Earth Day in 2010, Aniston, along with other actors and actresses, raised awareness about the increase in dolphin killing.
Aniston believes that as a celebrity, she has a responsibility to help create awareness about various issues going on in the world.
12) Aniston donated US$ 500,000 to the worldwide organization, Doctors Without Borders.
It was in efforts to help the Haitian people and the health issues they are struggling to overcome.
13) Aniston is a family person, and has always wanted to settle down rather than move from fling to fling.
In 2000, she married Brad Pitt after the couple dated for two years.
Their marriage was a success, and many people envied the love they had for each other, which was rarely so strong amongst actor couples.
14) Disaster struck in 2005, when Brad Pitt and Aniston were rumored to be thinking about divorce.
They separated at the beginning of 2005, and in March of 2005, Aniston filed for divorce.
There were many rumors that Pitt had been having an affair with co-star, Angelina Jolie whom he is now engaged to.
15) The entire scandal and heartbreaking news that the beloved couple was in fact actually getting a divorce created an uproar of the public.
It was the topic of many entertainment shows and magazines for years.
Much of the public sided with Aniston, believing her to be the one who had been mistreated.
Angelina Jolie was defamed as a home wrecker and Brad Pitt lost much of his respect and love from many in his loyal fan club.
16) Aniston was not afraid to reach out for help during this difficult time.
She reconnected with her mother whom she had been estranged with for almost ten years.
Matters did not improve, when her committed therapist died.
Aniston said she was extremely distraught by this news, as the therapist had helped her through the tough time of the divorce.
17) There is little that she regrets in life.
When looking back on her relationship with Brad Pitt, Aniston says she does not regret the relationship.
She says that they had seven years together, that were full of both happiness and disappointments, but that is what every couple goes through.
She says the experience has taught her a lot and she has grown up in ways that would not have been possible save for the divorce.
18) Many celebrities will lie or try to hide any plastic surgeries they have had, but Aniston is not amongst them.
She has admitted to having a ‘nose job’, but that it was for medical reasons to correct a deviated septum.
19) Aniston had a net worth of US$ 110 million in 2007, and was rated by Forbes as one of the top ten richest women in the entertainment industry.
She was also rated as the most profitable actress in Hollywood.
In 2008, Aniston’s earnings accumulated to US$ 27 million.
20) Aniston was named the first GQ Woman of the Year.
Since the year 1995, just after her beginning with the Friends sitcom, Aniston has been in the People’s magazine list of The Most Beautiful.
In 2004, she topped the list and in 2006, she was number one on the magazine’s list of Best Dressed.